Monday, March 13, 2006

Ian had a rough start to the weekend -- he got two shots Saturday morning. He weighed in at 27 lbs and measured 31.5 inches. Either he shrank since his December visit or he was mismeasured. He had measured in at 31.75 inches in December, but I have a feeling it should have been 30.75. At any rate, he currently in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. The doctor said that he is old enough that they no longer need to measure his head circumference.

This picture is Ian after he woke up and pooped. I took off the poopy diaper and cleaned him up, but I needed to give him a bath to really get him clean and try to get some of the glitter out of his hair (he spilled glitter on his head at school). I was getting his bath ready and he was walking around diaperless.

After his bath, I got him partially dressed and he wanted off of the changing table, so I let him run around. This onesie has been retired since the weekend because it was a bit tight on him.

We went out after his nap and bought a new car! It's "my" car for my new job. I'm going to be driving to work every day in Connecticut, so we needed to get another car. We now have a 2006 Toyota Highlander in Oasis Green Pearl (which is a pale green). Ian loves the new car and has made friends with the entire Toyota dealership. When we finally finished all the paperwork on Saturday afternoon/evening, the salesman took me and Ian down to our new car while Jeff wrapped things up. Ian actually leaned towards the salesman and wanted him to hold him. So the salesman held him and Ian was perfectly fine and didn't want to go. When Jeff came down, I drove us over to our Maxima and Ian did not want to get out. He wanted to ride home in the new car!

Yesterday, we had a quiet day at home. The car salesman had given Ian a bunch of balloons, so he enjoyed playing with those in the morning. I said, "Balloon" and Ian would say, "Ba-BOO!", so he's added another word to his vocabulary.

It was very rainy, but warm, so when the rain slowed down to a drizzle, we went for a stroll. Ian seemed to enjoy the ride, but after I circled the block and came home, he wanted to get out and walk. So he walked up the street a bit. He seems obsessed with our neighbor's driveway because he always walks over and then wants to go down the driveway. Maybe because it's a gravel driveway. Ian is very careful when he walks though. He avoids the mud and puddles. He ate quite a bit at lunchtime and enjoyed eating apple slices (or as he puts it, "A-POO!"). In the afternoon, we got a call from Francis. He had heard that we bought a new car, so he proposed an impromptu visit. He and Zeynep picked up Andrea and Andrew and they came over for dinner. We ordered out from our local Italian restaurant and had a very nice evening. Ian enjoyed it, but started falling asleep eating the chicken francese, so we put him to bed.

He had a great day at school today. Christina said he had a fun time in the downstairs gym going down the slide. He would fly off the slide and land on his butt on the rubber mat and laugh hysterically. When they went out in the buggy, they sat him next to Paloma (an older woman, I believe) and he "loved it".

He has learned to pucker up when he kisses. This morning, I asked for "besito" and he shook his head (he is very sassy these days). But then he puckered up and gave me a kiss. He also likes to sit on me when I'm lying down and give me a kiss, usually with his mouth open so that all the drool gets all over my face. That would be really gross if it were anyone but Ian!

No comments: